[Northkeep] Subject: Northkeeps Gulf War Camp.

Pukhta 'Pooky' Lovvek pookyloves at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 00:04:15 PST 2010

Whoever Northkeep holds, Whatever Northkeep has, Wherever Northkeep
is, Whenever Northkeep can, Whichever Northkeep needs I look forward
to being with Her.

Lovingly,
Pooky

"The greatest degree of inner tranquility comes from the development
of love and compassion. The more we care for the happiness of others,
the greater is our own sense of well-being." -Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th
Dalai Lama

Please please please, as soon as you see an email is from me, save
yourself the trouble and hit delete or come on ride the train, The
Pooky Love Train!

Subject: [Northkeep] Northkeeps Gulf War Camp.

Greetings all,
Just throwing this out there but if one thing that has bothered me for a few
years about Gulf War is that the other Northern Regional groups seem to be
able to pull together to make these really nice well organized camps but not
Northkeep. People in those other camps sacrifice some of the space allotted
to them so the group can have a communal gathering area usually under their
Baronial or Province Pavilion, if they need privacy they have it with in
their own tent otherwise seating, eating, socializing, and partying occurs
in the communal area, and everyone works together to keep that area clean.
In these other camps I have seen them band together to make a group
menu\food plan so that different people are cooking a group mean each night
and they take turns on the clean up too. This means that people are free to
socialize or do what they need for the other nights and only have to
dedicate one night to cooking and one to cleaning...I have seen this done on
a smaller scale in the Raptor and Angus camps and I have wished for some
time that Northkeep could accomplish the same thing.
I know that we all like our own space and some of us are particular about
what we eat or who we socialize with...and for this to work people would
need to take a more social and group oriented look at the Gulf War
encampment and experience.

We will not be at Gulf this year because of many issues and it may be to
late for this level of organization for Northkeep's camp but I for one think
that if we could come up with such a plan that it would only enrich the
whole experience of Gulf War for all those who attend.

Kindly
Ian