[Northkeep] Please Stop

Montega montega at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 11:14:02 PST 2010

The emails making people feel like they are obligated to help Willow
and Jon with a non SCA/ mundane issue needs to stop and it needs to
stop
NOW. I understand these people need help, but their time in the SCA
has nothing to do with what goes on in their personal lives. Stating
that we made an oath and are therefore obligated to assist someone
mundanely is totally inappropriate. At this point I would expect these
emails to be considered SPAM. Willow and Jon, you need to step in and
make this stop. I do not intend to work hard getting people to join
just so they can be ran off by being made to feel like they have to
clean up someones mess.

 Willow and Jon are not the only people in need of assistance.
Thousands of people in the SCA have issues and need assistance and
choose NOT to take advantage. Their lack of good judgment in the
purchase of a home in such disrepair does not constitute an emergency
on the part of Northkeep/SCA. I completely agree with asking for help
ONCE. This is harassment at this point and a gracious person would put
an end to it.

I am utterly shocked that this has been allowed to go on for so long.
To any new members, you are NOT required to give assistance mundanely
just because you joined our group. That is not how we play this game.
I offer a sincere apology as your Hospitaler, and hope this has not
left a horrible impression of our group. I am ashamed that this has
been made to be acceptable when clearly it is not. We are and always
will be a helpful lot, but we are not here to be taken advantage of.

Montega