[Northkeep] A little news for Ian, the poor little guy...

Gilyan Clonmacnoise gilyanclonmacnoise at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 13:48:34 PDT 2010

Gassion, this is a great retelling of the war!

You should forward this to the Ansteorra list. Sir Caladin, the General, is
looking for stories and synopsis of the battles. I think he, and many other
people, would enjoy reading this as much as I did.  :)

Gilyan

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Gassion <
gassion_de_beaumarchais at hotmail.com> wrote:

>        Delesse, Ethan & I arrived on site the day before the Armoured
> ravine battle.  A good thing since I needed gauntlets in order to fight.
> So, shopping we went.  I picked up a set of clamshells that were
> over-priced
> but well made of spring steel.  The more I use them the better I like them.
> Later that evening I received a Sable Talon, from back in November.  HM
> Owen
> gave me a good talking to about leaving site before court.  I'm honored
> that
> someone thought so much of me to make such a recommendation to the Crown,
> whoever you are you have my thanks.
>
>        For the Armoured ravine battle, and indeed all of the armoured war
> point battles, I participated as a guard for HRH.  HE Facon, and up to four
> other gents did our very best to protect the future Queen of Ansteorra.
> Early in the battle it was quite obvious that it would be a challenge, as
> she enjoys being up close and moves often.  In our initial contact, several
> enemy made a push in our the line just to our front.  One soldier managed
> get tied up with the honor guard to my left, I feel sorry for him that he
> forgot I was there...  I'm glad my time away did not diminish my capacity
> or
> desire to strike down our foes.  Bolts and arrows were the tool of the day.
> They littered the field, almost to the point of being a hazard.  In the
> end,
> HRH was felled once by a bolt from our north flank. Each time she exhausted
> her supply of bolts she made a declaration for her guard to join in the fun
> and strike as many enemy down as we could.  And so it was done...  At some
> point Delesse was watching and mentioned my position on the field to
> another
> Lady, also watch form the sidelines.  As she pointed me out a Trimarian
> attempted to push through our line, only to be struck fendente from my
> blade.  To hear her side of it, it was a perfect blow that forced the enemy
> to the ground.  From my perspective, no single moment stands out, a sure
> sign that glory was in the air and in abundance.
>
>        The rapier field battle was next.  We began on the forest side,
> facing what seemed to be near even odds.  The non-white scarf warriors of
> our army were graced by HRH with wearing a favor of a cast war pony.  The
> commanders had a plan and devoted the army to carrying it out.  We formed a
> single line, encompassing the whole of the fields width.  Our enemy broke
> their line into three equal formations, West, center, and East.  The battle
> began and we moved forward in-line.  The enemy center and East flank
> formations made for our East flank, we maintained our lines.  Much of the
> enemies West flank were diminished by the time our East flank enveloped
> them. The "Anvil" that was Ansteorra held as the "Hammer" of our allies
> [...]

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney