[Northkeep] Coronation?

Amanda Wallace dragontamerbrat at gmail.com
Tue May 18 23:48:11 PDT 2010

Thank you!

I know that Coronation is about stepping down and well, coronating the new
King and Queen, but I had not seen any mention of the new King's Champion,
or any other awards, (and I could tell there was stuff from the pictures!)

Amanda

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Northern Seneschal <
northern at seneschal.ansteorra.org> wrote:

> Amanda,
>
> Coronation traditionally is light on awards and most of those are
> focused on the turnover of the Crowns and Crown thank yous like Gloves
> and Gauntlets and Crown's Grace.
>
> That said...
>
> There was a morning court which had one piece of business (I kind of
> remember this one, front row seat or something).  On that note, I was
> really honored to have several people from Northkeep who participated
> in my peerage ceremony.  And I was very pleased to be called at a
> Northkeep event.
>
> The King's Champion tourney was running concurrently with that morning
> court.  Jarl Hrafn Olafsson won the tournament and is Champion to King
> Jean Paul.
>
> After lunch (for those who had time to eat) was the stepping down
> court.  It took just a bit over two hours.  The Crown gave two King's
> Gauntlets and two Queen's Gloves, about 15 Crown's Grace (which, by
> the way, Rosamund was awarded a Crown's Grace at the Bonwicke
> Champions event in April).  They also gave Sable Cranes to Don Eule
> and HL Lillias MacGuffin.  A couple of items were read into law for
> people who missed court.  Then HL Tadhg from Namron was made a Laurel
> (now Master Tadhg) and Duchess Conal was elevated to the Order of the
> Pelican.  Oewn and Genevria finished the stepping down process.
>
> Less than 30 minutes later, an armed contingent arrived and was
> confronted by a line of knights.  Crown Prince Jean Paul and arrived
> from battle and arrived armed.  He was challenged by the knights to
> identify himself and to clearly state by what right he came to claim
> the Crown.  He crowned himself, then called for his Princess and
> Crowned her Queen.  They opened court, did the usual coronation
> business (fealty oaths, recognized the King's Champion, etc.) and made
> Owen and Genevria an Iarll (Earl in Welsh) and Countess.  Then called
> the Order of the Rose and invested Genevria into the order.  Then they
> pretty much wrapped things up and broke for a meeting with all of the
> polling orders and returned to sit in state for guests and gifts.
> Then there was feast.
>
> That is kind of a very condensed version of the day.
>
> Maitre Etienne
>
> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 1:06 AM, Amanda Wallace
> <dragontamerbrat at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Love you! You just made my night...and Thormund is over there thinking
> I've
> > lost my mind. Giggle-fit continues.
> >
> > Amanda

The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.
http://blackwolfacresfarm.blogspot.com/
http://bratsrecipes.blogspot.com/