[Northkeep] Historical question...

aoife at cableone.net aoife at cableone.net
Thu May 20 13:10:38 PDT 2010

I have often wondered who did the wonderful banners and hangings
Northkeep usually hangs in the hall at events.  Perhaps indentifying
labels could be attatched to the back of them.  A suggestion for some
might be to write the maker and date or history on cloth with a water-
proof pen and then attaching that to the back of item with fabric glue
or other adhesive.  I'm sure there are other ways to do this, too.
It seems a shame that the history of these pieces should be lost.
This should be done before all the older members of the Barony are gone
or the stories are forgotten.  As a matter of fact, this ought to be done
by ALL groups.  Master Fitzmorgan and Master Diarmaid have put a lot of time
and effort into the historical/pictorial aspects of Ansteorra and Northkeep.
Master Diarmaid's portraits are going to be a wonderful way to remember what
people looked like.
The history of all the people who have added those beautiful items for all
to enjoy shouldn't be forgotten.

I'll get off my soapbox now...Aoife

On Wed May 19 22:10 , Fred C Ross <f-ross at sbcglobal.net> sent:

>Yes, that banner was for Nord aus das Strom and was made by William Blackfox back
when he was sewing up heraldic regalia for all of the Knight Marshalls extant in
the Kingdom.  It would have been sometime around 1979-