[Northkeep] Two food-related questions

Ld.blackmoon ld.blackmoon at cox.net
Mon Dec 5 10:47:47 PST 2011

greetings

and welcome again to northkeep ; )

since I'm mostly broke ( but love Asian food ) I can give you the 2 best
Chinese buffets I've found ( as well as a list of the ones to avoid , and
why )
as well as 3 very good restraints ; ) in the Tulsa area.

for buffets,
1st, very good , but never remember the name, sits in a strip mall in front
of home depot in Owasso. ( good sushi )
2nd ,very good , china king , 71st just east of riverside dr, only place to
get seafood eggdrop soup.  usually very good service ,( really good lemon
chicken )

3rd,bad, oriental pearl across from lowes in Owasso ( 3 trips, never good
service, food so-so )
4th, bad , oriental something , 71st bout 3 blocks east of riverside dr, ( 3
trips ,small variety, so-so food, so-so service )
5th, bad , china star, 71st and 145th , broken arrow, ( many trips, has
dropped badly in recent past, last trip, had dried out food or empty food
pans between lunch rush and dinner rush ( got there at 4:15 pm ) didn't
replace food until almost 5:00 pm for dinner rush, mostly ignored by
waitress.
6th, so-so ,another I cant remember the name for, across from rhema bible
school, good food, but getting more and more items loaded with
jalapenos.service is so-so ( but friendly ), never enough employees on duty
.
7th, so-so, next to nham hai , just north / west of 21st and garnet, some
good items, but growing number of dishes include jalapenos, and squid is
always over cooked, no sushi, but good friendly service .
8th, don't know the name, but it is a totally forgettable buffet on admiral
between Sheridan and memorial.( 1 trip )
9th, the Thai place on Harvard didn't impress me the one time I went there,
even with all the warning tags about how hot the dishes were , they were all
so tame I hardly noticed any heat at all .

ok, will move on to restaurants.
all very good.
1st , golden gate,Harvard just south of b.a. exp. in strip mall on west side
,( aprox 26th st) small, family owned and operated, best egg drop soup I
have ever tasted
( I have tried egg drop soup in every state and in Canada, used to drive a
truck ) I have literally never had anything at this restaurant that I didn't
like : )

2nd, ( not sure on spelling ) gung zhou dim sum restaurant , they have 2
locations, I haven't eaten at the 21st and garnet location yet,( it's the
larger location ) but have had multiple meals at the 11th between Harvard
and Yale ( old McDonalds location )
really good food, and I have never gone away less than stuffed , while not
really hot,( spicy ) the items marked hot will leave a pleasant burn in your
mouth, but you can still enjoy the multitude of flavors that comes with each
dish.
if I recall they serve dim sum on Saturdays , and I believe you may be able
to order it straight from the menu the rest of the week, but you would have
to check .

3rd, Mongolian grill , 15th and I believe Utica, 1 trip, but was impressed
by the variety, of ingredients / flavors, and the friendly staff, only
complaint I had was tiny tables, was crowded trying to seat 4 to eat and
talk business.

hope that helps
Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
Arthur