[Northkeep] Warm greetings Northkeep

Kathryn Helstrom kiamichikate at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 08:03:34 PST 2011

Out here in the far reaches of Sapulpa (on the back road to Kellyville) we
are still pretty well snowed in.    The local farmers came by Tue afternoon
with their tractors and moved some snow around, making it a passable ice
road for brave 4WD souls.  I measured 17" of snow in my front yard, with 3'
drifts in the back yard. We did get the Jeep out and crunched down the snow
on the driveway to get out if needed, which we haven't done yet, as there is
a treacherous hill between us and WalMart.  Meanwhile, I'm catching up on
grading, reading, and writing my novel.  We're well stocked here so I've
been exercising my culinary skills to the great pleasure of my husband.
However, I'm afraid to get on the scale and see how much damage all this has
done to my meager attempt at loosing weight.  (Don't things like this always
happen when you make New Year's resolutions?)

Regardless, we're enjoying the rest, relaxation, fine food, birdwatching,
and good company of each other.  With the weather predictions as grim as
they are, I'd not be surprised if school remains closed all next week, too.

Franziska

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Jerry Herring <j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> Warm greetings to all of Northkeep,
> How is everyone faring out there in the frozen North?
>
> The last three days I have been holed up in the TV room at John and Mary's
> (Falon and Conal's) House on North Harvard around 14th. Today I made it
> out,
> made it to work, but had to travel with exceptional caution. The roads are
> drivable so long as you go slow, break early pumping your breaks, give
> plenty of
> room between vehicles, and don't gun it. The hardest part of the drive was
> avoiding abandoned vehicles, avoiding crazy drivers who were either going
> way to
> slow or way to fast, or dodging pedestrians out walking on the streets.
>

> If you do have to go out be careful. If you don't then stay home, stay
> safe, and
> stay warm.
>
> Kindly
> Ian

Remember this: that there is a proper dignity and proportion to be observed
in the performance of every act of life.  --Marcus Aurelius