[Northkeep] [NR] solutions to North Ansteorra problems

Jerry Herring j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 28 15:05:01 PDT 2011

Understanding that each of those Celtic tribes were all speaking different
languages but still variants of Gaelic and knowing that modern Irish, Welsh, and
Scots Gaelic are in part derived from those older styles of the language means
just as much as understanding that modern Icelandic, Danish, and Swedish are all
derived from variants of  old Norse... But this being the Society for Creative
Anachronisms we could just lump the Celts all into one bunch if we want and make
a phrase we like and want to use as a rallying call. Phrases like Alba an Aigh
which is Scots gaelic for Scotland the brave or Éirinn go Brách  which is Irish
Gaelic for something like Ireland forever to this day make nationals from those
countries and their descendants spread around the world fell a kinship. Coming
up with a pretty cool rallying cry for our region if that is a direction folks
want to go sounds like a good idea to me, but first we need a good name to have
in that rallying cry because "Eirinn go Brae"  would just not be quite so cool
with out the Eirinn part.

Kindly
Ian