[Northkeep] Articles for The Nordic Saga

Kathryn Helstrom kiamichikate at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 19:14:24 PST 2011

Dear Gentles of the Excellent Barony of Northkeep:

You are hereby invited to submit an article, poem, song, or recipe for the
upcoming issue of *The Nordic Saga*.  Timely themes would be:

Giving Thanks
The Joys of Christmas
WINTERKINGDOM Classes, a preliminary list, call for teachers
Reports of Recent Events Attended (photos are OK, but must have permission
from all people whose faces are discernible)
Christmas traditions at different times or places in the Middle Ages
Autumnal Equinox rituals
The Christmas Tree at the Museum
Introduction of Newbies--Yes, you Newbies may write an article yourself
about your SCA persona and/or your mundane life and dreams.
*you get the idea...*

If you would LIKE TO SEE AN ARTICLE WRITTEN, please say so!  Your request
will be published.

How about a special section for Questions and Answers, where you can put a
general question out there to the readers, about the SCA, about certain
members, or a specific area, time, or culture you are studying.  Maybe an
"Ask a Herald" column, or something?

If you have an idea for a column, article, or theme, please let me know.

When submitting your article, you need to include a CREATIVE RELEASE.  You
can find it at http://chronicler.ansteorra.org/ .
If you include photographs or artwork, you need to include a MODEL and/or
PHOTOGRAPHER RELEASE, also found at the Chronicler's page address
http://chronicler.ansteorra.org/.  Look on the left side of the site, you
can click on the appropriate form.  Complete it and attach it to your
article.

OR, TO MAKE THINGS EASY FOR A SIMPLE ARTICLE WITH NO ARTWORK OR PHOTOS, I
have included the Creative Release below which you can cut and paste onto
the end of your email back to me.

Remember to email me privately, not the list.  My address is
Kiamichikate at gmail.com

DEADLINE:  Sunday, November 27, 2011

Good Writing!

Franziska von Locknitz
Northkeep Chronicler

CREATIVE RELEASE

*COPYRIGHT ASSIGNMENT/GRANT OF USE FORM*

I, ____________________________(legal name), being known within the Society
for Creative

Anachronism as _______________________________(name), do hereby agree to
the following

with respect to my ___article ___story ___script ___poem ___song ___artwork
___map

(hereinafter “the Work(s)”) entitled as
follows________________________________________

(check all that apply; complete blanks where necessary):

OPTION #1 — FULL ASSIGNMENT OF COPYRIGHT

_____  I hereby transfer and assign to the SCA my entire right, title and
interest to the Work identified above. The SCA shall own the Work and shall
have sole right to determine all future uses of the Work.

*PLEASE STOP:  If you checked Option #1, do not check any of the Other
Options below.*

OTHER OPTIONS — GRANTS OF USE

The SCA may (check all that apply):

_____ publish the Work once in an issue of
________________________________________  ;

_____ publish the Work no more than ______________________times in the
above publication;

_____ publish the Work electronically;

_____ perform (if my Work is a performance) the Work at an Event called
________________ ;

_____ publish the Work on a SCA web site for
_____________________________________   ;

_____ publish the Work in any SCA publication, including print, web and
electronic.

AUTHORIZATION

I ___ agree ___do not agree (check one) that my Work (if it is an article)
may, for reasons of space availability or editorial concerns, be edited or
abridged by the publishing Chronicler/ Editor/Webminister, unless
specifically requested otherwise below. If I agree to my Work being edited,
I understand that such editing or abridgement will be done with reasonable
care to maintain the context and content integrity of the Work.

I represent and warrant that I am the sole creator of this Work, and I
agree to indemnify and hold harmless the SCA in the event any claim is
brought against the SCA by any person claiming that they have any right,
title or interest in the Works superior to mine or that I did not have
lawful authority to grant the above permission and rights to the SCA.

Please send me a copy of the newsletter(s) in which my work is used. (It is
understood that my address will be included on the article only if I
request this item.) My address is as follows:

Signature (online signature accepted)

Date

Email Address

Mailing Address

BHB / PM NEW 8/10

--
Remember this: that there is a proper dignity and proportion to be observed
in the performance of every act of life.  --Marcus Aurelius