[Northkeep] Fighter Practice

Tamara Britton zeurburt2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 5 15:36:56 PDT 2011

Sarran wasn't saying that no one could ever game again. He was simply stating that an "event", whatever it was last night, with that particular gaming group was going to prevent them from returning. I think some people were taking this too personally. If you do not know what the "event" was, or were a part of this "event" then there is no reason for anyone to take offense or feel threatened in any way.

After reading people's posts, I have decided to create a sign in list for everyone who comes to fighter practice to sign up next to a specific chore so that not only does the cleaning get done, but every one coming, whether to fight, socialize, do crafts, or game, will have a job to do in exchange for using the hall. This way NO ONE is exempt from helping out and NO ONE should feel like they are the only ones cleaning. No fingers need to be pointed at anybody else, no one needs to list who cleans and who doesn't, and no one else needs to defend themselves anymore because from here on out everything will be different.

If a specific group refuses to clean simply for coming to socialize or whatever, they can simply find another place to gather. This would be no different than if everyone who attended a demo had to pay a site fee of some sort. If we had a location that was 100% free, this would be a different story altogether and I believe more people would even show up to socialize. But we do have a sight fee, and I'm sure everyone wouldn't mind "paying" that fee to use the facility. I know I will. From now on, even if I'm just stopping in to say Hi and pick up waivers, I will sign the list; I will do a chore. And, I hope everyone else will too.

Dervilia