[Northkeep] An observation, of a local discussion, I would like others opinions on

Rene Shepard reneshepard at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 04:23:42 PDT 2011

> This whole thing just makes me sad.

I always thought the hardwood was for fighters anyway, who would encroach on
that area when people are getting whaled on?

My very first experience ever with the SCA at all was a public fighter
practice in a park. Heavy's..My second was a Beltane event, I got out of my
car and we off loaded our junk but there were some guys there, dressed up
like the three musketeers, working with swords.

I wondered over and started asking questions..Don Jochamo (sp) spent two
hours teaching me the rudiments of "light". It was fantastic.

And it generated in me a lifetime love for this game..all at fighter
practices..open to viewing and questions by an humble newbie..

Me thinks this trend of bitterness will do ought but shift our barony into
shivers of splinters and splits. Root out the bitterness, find the cause,
else I can see no good come of this..