[Northkeep] OT: Anyone Know How to Build a Privacy Fence?

Tamara Britton zeurburt2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 7 15:28:34 PDT 2011

Sorry for the bandwidth, but I believe in offering jobs to friends and family first, before hiring a stranger.

Last night, someone came through our back gate and helped themselves to our garage. This is the 2nd time our garage has been a target since we moved in April. Not sure what is missing, if anything. Thorvald will need to inventory his tools.

In addition to this, most of the back of my house is windows and open for people to gaze in. I don't want window shoppers.
There are no houses behind our home, only a small field, tree line, and walking trail that goes from Sand Springs to downtown Tulsa.

I have decided to build a privacy fence. One exists between us and our West neighbors, but needs replaced. The back and East neighbors are chain link. I've already spoken with both neighbors. I want my entire back yard fenced with wooden privacy pieces that are at least 6' high. I want a wide gate, perhaps a whole section, in the back, and a gate on each side of the house.

If you know how to do this, please contact me personally, off list. I know we will need lots of cement, the poles, and the sections, as well as to rent an auger for a day or weekend. Wanting to tackle this soon, and I do pay for labor...not asking for volunteers. This is a paying job!

Thank you,
Dervilia