[Northkeep] Saga Report

Stephanie Drake steldr at cox.net
Mon Feb 13 08:25:01 PST 2012

You know how your mind can fool you into thinking you've done something?  Fool you so well that you're convinced you've done it, even if you haven't.  I really thought I had sent in my saga report.  Really, really, really thought I had.  Sigh.

So, February's A&S was a beginning embroidery class with Mistress Talana.  March's meeting will be a continuation of that class.  If you were not able to attend February's class and would like to learn, please come to March's class on the 5th and we can get you up to speed.
I will have counted cross stitch kits for Philbrook tree ornaments with me at populace in February, if you would like to complete an ornament to go on the tree please let me know so I know I will have enough.
I will also have string and a pattern for anyone who would like to inkle weave a piece of garland for the tree at the March A&S meeting.  I will post the pattern for the garland band on the list later today if you would like to use your own string and go ahead and get started. If you have a loom and are not sure how to use it, let me know and I'll see if there is a time we can get together for a quick lesson.  Or bring your loom to March A&S and we can sit quietly in the corner warping.
Hopefully in April we will try our hand at possibly doing some embossed aluminum ornaments.
If you have any questions or requests about A&S, please contact me at moas at northkeep.ansteorra.org and I will see what I can do to help.

In Service,

Mercedes

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. - Jorge Luis Borges