[Northkeep] VFW hall help

Susan O'Neal catmafia03 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 21:02:11 PST 2012

Building on what Arthur wrote; possibly a large demo on warriors
through the ages.  It could include the SCA, and members of the VFW
with displays of old uniforms and stories.  It could even be stretched
a bit further and involve the Indian Resource Center, as anything that
would happen would spread out into their parking area and many groups
have a strong tradition as warriors.  The park is right there across
the way that it could be a good location for a demo.

But with propper press it might be where you could get the community
involved in supporting the center and at the same time also provide a
way to connect the new veterens with the old, finding the commonality
of their experiences.  It might even be something that could help to
form a partnership with the VA and new soldiers returning.

Something that could also bring in some ongoing money would be working
with some homeschool grounds to meet the for activities during the day
time; not sure how much money they could get but it is a possibility
to help cover some of the utilities.  Linda Duntly <Lduntley at aol.com>
has a newsletter and e-mail announcements that get to most
homeschoolers in the area; so it would be easy to get the word out to
many groups easily.  Finding a location to meet is often an ongoing
challenge, so it does have some possibility.  Another idea is to
have this challenge put forward to the scout organization and local
ROTC organizations that they might be able to raise some funds and
work on it as a project, like with Girl Scouts's Gold projects or Boy
Scout Eagle Projects.

Hope some of these ideas might help,
Susan