[Northkeep] Heavy Weapons and Armor

Grey Wolf greywolf520 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 07:50:56 PST 2013

Hello all,

Regarding the coming heavy fighter practice at the VFW on Wednesday the
13th, would anyone be willing to bring along some loaner armor so that I
could try my hand (or head) at getting violently beaten for the first time?
 =)  I'm 6'3" / 220lb with a 36" jeans waist, and most of my length is in
my legs, if that helps.  And if so, besides your standard sporting-goods
groin protection, what must I bring or wear that can't be borrowed?

Further, is there an SCA armorer in the Tulsa or Bartlesville area with
whom I can collaborate to begin commissioning (or better yet, be mentored
and coached through crafting for myself) my own heavy armor set?  If so,
could I have his or her contact information?

Thank you,
--
Slán agus beannacht leat,
   Jared Graham

 -It's easier to be open-minded when you're one of those things most people
don't believe in.-