[Northkeep] Comic Con Tulsa

Cisco Cividanes engtrktwo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 05:40:27 PDT 2014

Outsider speaking up, but I was struck by a thought.

Suppose you were to get ten people to start playing in Northkeep for one
year, and suppose half of them were still playing in two.

That's prospectively $60 per head investment in new members in the short
term, and $120 per head in the long term.

A con such as this would ( I would think) be as good a target audience as
the SCA could ask for at the moment.

Taking into consideration what a new member invests into the group over the
course of a year (And only locals would know this, the question is open,
not leading), is $120 per head a good investment for people likely to play
for at least two years?

And yes, that is a lot of guesswork in terms of numbers, and No, I am not
tacitly implying this is a good, or bad investment. I'm just looking at it
as objectively as the numbers will allow.

Cheers,
HL Ivo Blackhawk

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 7:26 AM, Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner <
BurgBorrendohl at valornet.com> wrote:

> I agree.
>

> On 8/13/2014 7:07 AM, Tega wrote:
>
>> Great googly moogly! That's one expensive demo! LOL
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>  On Aug 12, 2014, at 4:51 PM, Hospitaler of Northkeep <
>>> hospitaler at northkeep.ansteorra.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Okay I just heard back from the Comic Con in Tulsa people! I am so
>>> excited.
>>> It is happening November 7-8-9.
>>>
>>> There are some things that we need to be aware of...
>>>
>>> 1. They don't do free space so we would have to pay for a booth.  A 10x10
>>> booth with an 8 ft table and backdrop curtain costs $600.  With that we
>>> receive 4 exhibitor tickets and can purchase more exhibitor tickets for
>>> $40
>>> per person those are good for all three days regular admission three day
>>> tickets are sold out and they cost $75.
>>> 2. We are working out the details of doing a fighting demo.
>>> 3. All of this is dependent on approval from the Seneschal and their
>>> Excellencies for funding.
>>>
>>> Kindly
>>> Ian