[Northkeep] Armor for our newest fighters

Chris Birdwell angusmgunn at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 9 08:03:06 PDT 2014

Greetings Northkeep!

           Last week at practice I discussed with our newest heavy weapons fighters the need to have an armoring day. For those new members I am attaching links to the Complete Participants Handbook, and the relevant sections of the society marshal's handbook. These will tell you the minimum types of materials needed to meet basic armor requirements. I have steel available to make elbow and knee cops as well as metal required to make certain styles of gorget. After this weekend's crown tournament we will set a date to start getting armor together and I will send my address and contact information once the date is set. If you have any questions regarding materials needed for armor, weapons or shields feel free to contact me via email at angusmgunn at yahoo.com or through Facebook. Below are the links:

Complete Participants Handbook: http://marshal.ansteorra.org/handbook/Complete%20Participant%27s%20Handbook%20Aug%202008.pdf

Society Marshals Handbook: http://sca.org/officers/marshal/docs/marshal_handbook.pdf

There is a lot of information in these locations so feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer them.

See you all soon,

Sir Angus Gunn