[Northkeep] New Winterkingdom Activity- Largesse Derby!

amanda hall amanda.c.hall at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 06:36:24 PDT 2014

Your friendly neighborhood A&S minister here! I have mentioned this at the
past two populaces, but since I know life happens and not everyone can be
there, I just wanted to let you in on something that I am super excited
about for Winterkingdom. For the first time, we are incorporating what is
known as a Largesse Derby.

The process is this: Entrants will enter a half dozen (yes, 6- I misspoke
at populace last night, I was in a fog, my apologies) of any one item- it
can be variations on an item- they don't all have to be identical. 6
bracelets, 6 necklaces, 6 needle cases, 6 period dolls, 6 hammered coins- I
have even seen really lovely spice kits donated! Anything that our amazing
baron and baroness can give out as largess is appropriate- so, probably
nothing perishable. At Winterkingdom, we will showcase these items and the
populace will cast a vote as to which is their favorite (typically with a
bead or something given with the site token.) We will tally the votes and
the winner will receive one item from each entry and the rest of the
entries are donated to the barony to use as largess. (Hint: you might want
to set it up as you would an A&S entry- people tend to gravitate toward
stuff that has a pretty display!)

If you have questions, please PLEASE feel free to ask me about it. Message
me on facebook, email me (amanda.c.hall at gmail.com,) ask me in person, send
a carrier pidgeon. I will say I'm not great with smoke signals, though.

I'm really excited, and I think it would be a great way for all of us to
showcase our skills. Not to mention a really amazing way to give back to
our fabulous barony!