[Northkeep] Winterkingdom 2015!

Dana Schuman annais60 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 5 12:25:32 PST 2014

Greetings and Salutations!

Winterkingdom is almost here.  Just twelve short weeks away.  Really, really, twelve very, very short weeks away.  On Saturday, January 31st, 2015.

The Barony needs your help.  We need teachers for classes.  And we need help with everything that makes an event like this go from "cool"  to "OH MY...!!! LOVED IT!!! TOTALLY FABULOUS!".   So, if you would like to help with gate, set-up, take-down, privy patrol, site heraldry, or just generally filling in where you can be most helpful - just let me or Lady Jutte know.  We'll hook you up!!

In case you didn't know, we have a new site for Winterkingdom this year.  It's the Creek County Fairgrounds in lovely Kellyville, OK.  Just off fabulous Route 66 and easy access to I-44.  It's about 30 minutes south of Tulsa.

The site is ... well, in a word, FAB-U-LOUS!  There is an arena area perfect for fighting classes and a separate area for dancing and other classes that require freedom of movement.  There is an area specifically for "messy" classes, such as brewing, lampwork, felting, and paper making.  There is plenty of room for the traditional classroom set up as well.

If you or someone you know would like to teach, please fill out the form.  Here's the link:  http://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/I7eV0BZ73C08nHacNfqdj

If there is a specific class or track you would like to see offered, let me or Lady Jutte know.  We will do our best to make sure that class/track happens.

Also, you can prepay for this event on ACCEPS.  The link is: http://acceps.ansteorra.org/regit/event_main.php  We will have an "Express Lane" available for those who have pre-paid for site.  An excellent idea, in case you're like me and run on "SCA time"!  Feast is also available on ACCEPS.  Remember, there are only 100 feast reservations to be had.  First come, first noms!  And what a tasty feast it will be!  Dona Therese and HE Kelandra are the feastocrats.  More details on that will be coming soon!

Did you know that we will be having a Soup Kitchen and Bake Sale fundraiser?  HE Mercedes will be coordinating the soup kitchen again this year.  Please consider making a pot or two of soup or some sweets for our fund raiser.

There will also be a Largess Derby.  Lady Ysabeau Brossier is coordinating this.  You will need 6 pieces of the same type of largess in order to enter.  The winner will go home with one of everything entered.  the remaining pieces of largess will then be donated to HEs Morgan and Montega to use as largess.  If you would like further details, please contact Lady Ysabeau.

For more information, please check out our webpage: wInterkingdom 2015 Event, Site and Feast Information - Barony of Northkeep

As you can tell, there is a great deal happening.  So, mark you calendar for January 31st, 2015, sign up to teach, sign up to help out, sign up on ACCEPS!  We'll see you there!!!!  It will be FABULOUS!!!!

Annais
Autocrat