[Northkeep] Baronial Extension of Suspension of In-Person Activities

Seneschal of Northkeep seneschal at northkeep.ansteorra.org
Thu Jan 27 14:27:32 PST 2022

Good afternoon Northkeep,

I assure you, one day I will have super pleasant and exciting news to bring
you. Unfortunately, today is again not that day.

As we all know by now, wInterkingdom 2022 has been transitioned to a
virtual format. I'd like to take a second to go on a tangent and
re-reassure everyone that it's going to be awesome, brilliant, and amazing,
and that I look forward to seeing all of your faces (on my monitor) for a
great day of learning and camaraderie just like we're all used to on these
cold days every year.
That being said, once again unfortunately, that decision was made with
another in mind:
In consultation with Their Excellencies and review of the ridiculous COVID
numbers here in the area, I have decided to extend the suspension of
in-person activities here in the Barony, beyond the one Their Majesties
announced at Winter Round Table, for an extra week - though 2/6 and
resuming on Monday, 2/7.

Assuming there are no additional suspensions announced from Their Majesties
and the Kingdom Seneschal between now and that time, Their Excellencies and
I will re-evaluate in the proverbial settling dust of wInterkingdom to make
a decision on any additional suspensions.

I apologize for being the bearer of bad news, especially as we all begin
the annual ramp up toward the scheduled dates of Gulf Wars, but as I
mentioned in the announcement for wInterkingdom, Their Excellencies and I
are trying our best to think of what is safest for the populace as a whole
and we can't, in good conscience, support official, sponsored gatherings to
put everyone in harm's way.

As always, feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.

--
In service,
Lord Alexandre Crane