[Northkeep] Activity List January 15th-21st

Baroness of Northkeep baroness at northkeep.ansteorra.org
Mon Jan 16 11:54:40 PST 2023

 Please be sure to check for cancellations before heading to outdoor
practices! Updates will be sent to this email list, and posted on
Northkeep's Facebook Page.

Sunday, January 15th.
Easy Garb with Yzzy - Practical Edition!
10 am-5pm, at Pinot's Palette Cherry Street (1621 E 15th St, Tulsa, OK
74120)
Easy Garb with Yzzy- Practical Edition is a hand's on practicum for new
sewers needing garb for upcoming events. Sewers must provide their own
machine, fabric, and notions. (I will list them below and approx amounts) I
will bring multiples of my tools and you can borrow them, if you need to!
(Tailor's chalk, seam rippers, rulers, etc.) We will be going through
making a t-tunic and pants from clothing you already have, and how to make
a skirt without a pattern. (We will most likely only have time for one or
the other bottom item, but I will have a handout for all of the options) If
we have time, we can also go through making a simple fabric belt.
  Things you will need to bring:
-Sewing Machine
-Fabric (See amounts below)
-Notions (Pins, thread, scissors, sewing machine needles just in case,
ruler if you have it, seam ripper, fabric marking device of your choice.)
I’ll have extras of my tools if you need to borrow them.
For the clothing:
-For T-Tunic: 2 yards for hip length t-tunic, 2.5 for longer.  Also, a
non-stretchy shirt that you like the way it fits you.
-For Pants: 2.5 Yards And a pair of non stretch pants that you like the way
they fit you
-For Skirt: 3-4 yards, depending upon how “swooshy” you would like your
skirt to be. Grossgrain ribbon in the color of your choice.

Monday January 16th, NO MEETING TONIGHT. The library is closed for MLK Jr.
Day.

Tuesday, January 17th. Joint Fighter Practice at Whiteside Park (4009 S
Pittsburg Ave, Tulsa, OK 74135).We will be meeting at the Tennis court at
Whiteside Park
Rapier Marshal will be on site at 6pm
Armored Combat Marshal will be there between 6pm to 7pm
PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING BOTTLED WATER!!! It may not be hot weather
anymore, but hydration is still important.  Please contact the appropriate
marshal prior to practice if
you need loaner gear.
Armored Combat: marshal at northkeep.ansteorra.org
Steel Combat/Fencing: rapier at northkeep.anstoerra.org.

Wednesday, December 28th. NO Joint Fighter Practice today.

À votre service,
Jehanne de Montauban
Baroness of Northkeep
(she/her)