[Northkeep] Call for Input - Baronial Chivalric Marshal Applicants

Seneschal of Northkeep seneschal at northkeep.ansteorra.org
Tue Jan 31 11:19:13 PST 2023

And once more, unto the breach:

My second post is in reference to one of the new modifications to Kingdom
Law, per Their Majesties Gabriel III and Sonja III, that adds new duties
and responsibilities to the populace of Ansteorra. For those who weren't
there last night, here's the addition:

--
Article III - Rights and Duties of the Populace
Section 1 - Primary Rights and Duties

Now, the question may be, what does that change mean for us, the collective
populace? Well, as many of you may remember, we recently opened
applications for a couple of Baronial Offices, one of which was the
Chivalric Marshal that was scheduled to close last night. However, with
this change to Kingdom Law, that was more of a "soft" close and everyone
residing in the Barony's greater zip code map gets an amount of time to
provide any input they wish prior to a decision being made on local officer
appointments.

With that, this announcement serves as an open call for input on the
applicant we received for the office of Baronial Knight Marshal, Lord
Raulff Smeithberde (Jordan Smith).

*** Their Excellencies will be accepting any and all input from those
residing in the Barony who wish to give on this candidate until 3:00PM on
Friday, February 3rd via the comments section of this post or via email
(with a personal preference toward email). After that time, a decision will
be made, that recommendation will be given to the Knights Marshal of
Vindheim, and their decision on appointment will be publicly announced to
the whole of the Barony. ***

That being said, though Lord Raulff is the only candidate, in the interest
of clarity and transparency, I want to make it known that this does not
preclude the populace from giving negative input or "positive" input for a
constant additional candidate, "None of the Above".

Without trying to assume the will of the Crown, this new change in Kingdom
Law is to ensure that the entire local populace is aware of candidates and
has a chance to voice their support or concerns to the local decision
making/recommending officers and Their Excellencies and I assure you, all
feedback, even negative, will be taken into consideration.

Thank you all for working with Their Excellencies and I during this time of
small, but meaningful change as They and I try to enact the will of the
Crown as written and we look forward to hearing from the populace!

--
In service,
Centurion Alexandre Crane