[Northkeep] Activity List July 9th-July 15th

Baroness of Northkeep baroness at northkeep.ansteorra.org
Sun Jul 9 09:52:29 PDT 2023

 Please be sure to check for cancellations before heading to outdoor
practices! Updates will be sent to this email list, and posted on
Northkeep's Facebook Page.

*Sunday, July 9th.  NO Archery & Thrown Weapons Practice *today.

*Monday, July 10th, Arts & Sciences Class* starting at 7pm in the
Auditorium of Martin Regional Library (2601 S Garnett Rd, Tulsa, OK 74129).
This month Her Serene Highness will be teaching Quick & Easy Hairstyles.

*Tuesday, July 11th.  OUTDOOR Joint Fighter Practice* at Whiteside Park
(4009 S Pittsburg Ave, Tulsa, OK 74135).We will be meeting near the Tennis
court at Whiteside Park starting at 6pm.
REMEMBER TO BRING BOTTLED WATER!!!
Please contact the appropriate marshal prior to practice if you need loaner
gear.
Armored Combat: marshal at northkeep.ansteorra.org
Steel Combat/Fencing: rapier at northkeep.anstoerra.org.

*July 14th-16th - Tokyo OK Demo! *Info repost from Facebook.
Lady Milokhna here with another demo where I need your help. If you're
interested in coming, please let me know below! No commitment, just gauging
interest to help me keep planning.
Fighters: Alexandre and I are currently confirming what the con schedule
is. Right now I'm not sure if we have space for a martial demo, or if we
have a time slot for a performance. I will get back to you with an answer
as soon as I have one.
Tokyo, OK (formerly Tokyo in Tulsa) is an anime convention held at the Cox
Center on July 14th-16th. Attendees are ALSO dress up in funny clothes on
the weekends, so we'll have a lot in common. We have an INDOOR space with
provided tables, but this will be the first time we've been here since the
remodel so things may look different.
We are receiving our table location assignment on Monday.
Load In: Load in opens at 8 AM Friday at the east side as usual
Hours of Operation:
Friday: 2 PM - 7 PM
Saturday: 10 AM - 7 PM
Sunday: 10 AM - 5 PM
Load out: finish load out by 6 PM
As with any demo: bring what you are passionate about. We never know what
the Big Interest is going to be, but your area of interest could be it!
I suspect that our biggest interests will be from cosplayers, gamers, and
information about Asian AND European history
Cosplayers
If you make clothes, things that go on clothes, weapons, armor, shoes,
jewelry, embellishments of any kind: we want you there to show off what you
make! Cosplayers are ALWAYS looking for new skills to make their outfits,
with extra appreciation for attention to detail or doing it on a budget.
Gamers
For the gamers, I will bring our barony's set of medieval games.
Merles/Nine Man's Morris is easy to teach (especially if you play with
fewer pieces: 5 makes a great short game). I've been doing some more
research into Japanese specific games. If you have more games to bring, I
would welcome more hands to play and teach. I can teach you Merles in 10
minutes.
Asian and European History
The Asian history makes sense for people who are interested in Japanese
culture, but a growing number of anime shows are delving into stories set
in Western Medieval history, both fantasy and non-fantasy. If you know
about a specific historical period, I could definitely use your help! I
know some broad strokes about Asian history, but not much about European.
That said, history buffs of any stripe are welcome.
Yours in Service,
Lady Milokhna
Deputy Hospitaler of Northkeep

*Saturday, July 15th Kingdom Roundtable*
Ansteorra Round Table is a semi-annual, single-day conference hosted by the
Kingdom of Ansteorra.
This event features Warranting Classes, Officer Sync Meetings, Training
Classes, as well as the State of the Kingdom Address where the Great
Officers and Royals of Ansteorra report on the status of their fields.
Already know you can volunteer to be a host for our Round Table meetings?
Fill out our host sign up form today! https://forms.gle/vwvMzZnDyeQNbMku6
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fforms.gle%2FvwvMzZnDyeQNbMku6%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR3WC_2-u6nTztYCYJqdDSkKEh7T0uv338TwCQvOhqc49F_95xdJfC2NGjE&h=AT3u4R6cg28TLsz6E1LEYFr_-Ad2k58ydU-1wW1wAYYvf_-0vvp-OjLOPI-f7yG_UJwMNNR44Culz0jI57mdQYuN6LTAHGwxWhFFC9fFZmeDLBu5qL_mPrcDjKDhXoh7mhLBDlGBRMgSNiWxi1qY&__tn__=q&c[0]=AT0pEvWngPvtHq5UCTXaxiN5xMn7Z_z6UUAoHpXltv0Jc58hvWEok5wGYyzTE7ChLD3pyDFD3FbZlzwgdamv9Y9UZKspUyEQjE3QnUG41oG-PB-AmlnXzvp1OSjnbZrMgx2JAdTB5pXLjVijm1JFUBvAN6UT>
To join the meetings and classes, visit
https://ansteorra.org/events/round-table
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fansteorra.org%2Fevents%2Fround-table%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR3bNEZvogKKV-gUQggDHQpY3VlNN4qqd1jmIqA8XVtxHfLNFqSFoPlwYb8&h=AT2wGschImp2xNR51R5O-bLydIjGKzkV3w7fA4JYbhoacDpVOh4OHMCVSqYj2348m2AdpFCHPhMfyTI-d6PI3E6v89qiUY7lc_39DRu48X94rDpN_m3wusqj7xJ001ixXPgwnOTjiBUYPTjcRW-b&__tn__=q&c[0]=AT0pEvWngPvtHq5UCTXaxiN5xMn7Z_z6UUAoHpXltv0Jc58hvWEok5wGYyzTE7ChLD3pyDFD3FbZlzwgdamv9Y9UZKspUyEQjE3QnUG41oG-PB-AmlnXzvp1OSjnbZrMgx2JAdTB5pXLjVijm1JFUBvAN6UT>
>From the event webpage above:
1. Expand the “Schedule” tab (or download the PDF)
2. Find your class or meeting on the schedule
3. Click the “Join Room …” link for your class (please don’t join meetings
early)
4. Make sure to fill out the Event Feedback Survey when you’re done

À votre service,
Jehanne de Montauban
Baroness of Northkeep
(she/her)