[Northkeep] Castellan Champions and more

Baroness of Northkeep baroness at northkeep.ansteorra.org
Wed May 31 12:09:45 PDT 2023

Sorry for the delay in posting these here!

Presenting Northkeep’s newest Champions!
Drighton – Asikaga Hideoshi
Provost – Saevarr Mani
Artisan – Micolay Haiduk
Bard – Vitalis de Mare
Archer – Karl Thorgiersson
Marksman – Romanius Vesperianus
Castellan – Micolay Haiduk
Youth Castellan (5-7)- Daisy
Youth Castellan (8-12)- Miranda
Teen Castellan - Losaneta
Congratulations to you all!
Above are our new Champions, but we had several other competitions, just
for fun, at Castellan XXXIII: The Two Towers. Congratulations to all these
winners, and thank you to all who participated for the joy of it!
Our Drighton, the armored combat champion, was the one with the most wins.
Our annual Meatgrinder, which is presented to the one with the most fights,
was won by Centurion Raulff Smeithberde.
Our Artisan, the Arts & Sciences champion, was chosen using the Kingdom of
Ansteorra Judging Forms, with the aid of our esteemed Judges. This year we
also gave out a Vox Populi prize via, as the name suggests, popular vote.
Our Vox Populi winner was Lord Stigandr Houlegate.
We had a baking contest, a “Lembas Off”, and the winner was Lady Eadwyn seo
Gathyrde with a variety of delicious savory Lembas crackers. The Baroness’
Choice prize went to Koke Gan ši, who made a delightful, and dairy-free,
shortbread Lembas.
Northkeep was one of the Towers mentioned in our theme, but we had a
competition to discover who would be the Second Tower! I was most pleased
to find a way to get horses into this event, by way of little tokens given
to all who participated. These tokens could be turned in as votes for the
Second Tower. Thus was the Goblin Tower (Áshildr Inn Hárfagri, Malkyn Hawke,
Halldóra Hrafnsdóttir) found to be the Second Tower!
And as a final contest, we had our traditional Ulrich Memorial Wine Shoot,
carrying on Honorable Lord Ulrich von Budigen’s efforts toward making
archery fun and accessible to all. This shoot was won by Lady Isabeau
Wynter!
À votre service,
Jehanne de Montauban
Baroness of Northkeep