[Northkeep] Grievous Wrong

Baroness of Northkeep baroness at northkeep.ansteorra.org
Sun Jan 28 08:54:19 PST 2024

 wInterkingdom Collegium: When in Rome... was a wonderful event, and I will
be posting about it separately. First, I must do all I can to right a
wrong, and I could use some help.
Sometime between the end of classes and the 2ndremove of feast, person or
person/s unknown chose to go into the infant nursery of the church we were
renting for our event, and smoked pot.
I have been alternating between disbelief, rage, and horror at this attack
on our reputation. I can only imagine going into church to drop off my baby
or toddler and smelling the reek of pot, after a new group had rented the
space.
Were this someone from our event, the malicious stupidity would certainly
bar them from any Northkeep events for the foreseeable future. I cannot
believe I have an unwelcoming thought. This is detrimental to not only
Northkeep, but to the Society in general. If anyone has information about
this, please contact me, Perrin, or our seneschal, Hari.
I will be crafting an apology statement to the church, and one to the staff
and parents that use that space. Northkeep scribes, if you could help by
creating a scroll of this apology to be displayed, I would appreciate it.
Furthermore, I will be going back to deep-clean the space and all the toys,
cribs, changing tables, etc. If possible, that will be this afternoon,
after their church services end.
I will get back to the positives of this weekend after I salvage what I can
of our relationship with this new space.

À votre service,
Jehanne de Montauban
Baroness of Northkeep
(she/her)