TENT - TENT at Wars

Wendy Freeman/Otte Wyllow at netscape.net
Tue Dec 14 10:27:38 PST 1999

Lilies War in Calontir has a period encampment - it's been delightful camping
there for the past three years.  It's near the showers, merchants, children's
activities, and A&S classes.  Not a mundane tent in sight! (if you bring one
into the encampment, you are expected to hide it behind the trees - not
difficult.) If you bring a boat, it's close to the battlefield, too.
Otherwise, I recommend setting up an arming pavilion near the field to store
the heavy stuff.

Here are the traditional activities, not in any particular order:

1. In-Persona classes taught there during the week

2. Keepers of the Flame dinner - prepared by the encampment for their
Majesties and those recognized for persona in the Kingdom

3. Firepits that can be used for projects (last year, Master Mikial built an
oven out of lake mud, and handed out fresh bread every morning.sigh...)

4. St John's campfire celebration on the last Saturday.  Complete with hopping
over the fire in long skirts...

5. Wandering Bards are always offered dinner - which is usually some form of
potluck, depending on who is in the cooking mood.  (Sing for your Sup?)

6. Dyeing Workshop, usually on Wednesday.  Bring a pot & fiber, make swatches,
swap recipes.

7. Spontanious and planned "Enchanted Ground" activities - discussing medieval
"trash", why Sir Pavol (sp?) was struck by lightning (Viking -"he was blessed
by Thor."  Norman - "He was punished by God."  Celt - "The spirits were in a
playful mood.")

Any other wars already have some "joinable" traditions set up?  Or shall we
*start* them };-)?

--Lady Wyllow MacMuireadhaigh of Loch Soillier

"Steve Nolan" <Snolan at tex-is.net> wrote:

>	MIME Type: multipart/alternative
> I am so please to see so many people continue to join tonight alone I have
had about eight people to join! If you have problems with the list please
e-mail me privately. My reasons for having the list started was to educated
and to start the Kingdom tent guild. after we have a few many more people jion
I will be setting up times for us to talk about a charter and to have period
encampments for the Kingdom to come and visit. I think it would be really nice
for all of us to get together for wars. Gulf Wars comes to mind! If people is
interested I would love to get together and meet you all! Marguerite