[TENT - [Fwd: [Fwd: Fwd: al-jisr: Fw: Stand back - the winds kicking up]]]

Wendy Freeman/Otte Wyllow at netscape.net
Thu Dec 30 10:54:46 PST 1999

> What sort of Tent Projects 2000 are the guild members working on?)

I have two floating projects:

First priority is an armoring tent for my sister.  She want to be able to
store her armor near the battlefield, in a cool-looking heraldic tent, so I'm
planning to build her a simple bell, with just enough room for a chair & tall
enough to stand up in to dress.

(OK, I confess: The real reason for building this tent as soon as possible is
that we non-fighters want that *stinking* pile of armor out of our sleeping
area! And we can't convince her to dump it out in the rain...)

My second project is a more persona-oriented tent. (I am a 6th Century Scot in
the summer.)  I am debating whether to make a ropeless Saxon Wedge tent or see
if I can figure out what the Romans were using a few centuries earlier - since
the early Scots stole many ideas from the Romans, it seems logical.  Another
option would be to steal from the Vikings - but everyone's doing that.

-Lady Wyllow of the Loch