PE - Chronique de Jerusalem (1450 A.D.)

Stephen Wyley svenskildbiter at angelfire.com
Tue Aug 8 15:40:38 PDT 2000

Hi All,

My research has dug up a very good source for extant pictures of tents. Including the Chronique de Jerusalem by the Girart Masters, which previously I had only one picture but now have 25, showing range of bell tents and pavilions.

The books in question are in fact a series intitled:

Die illuminerlen Handschriften den Osterreichischen Nationalbibliothek

(The Handwritten illuminations in the Austrian National Library)

Franzosische Schule

(French ?)(Please excuse my poor German translations)
By Otto Pacht and Dagmar Thoss

Published in Wein from 1977 to 1990.

---
Bye for now,

Sven
(Stephen Francis Wyley)
Fortifications (Dictionary of Military Architecture, etc).
http://www.angelfire.com/wy/svenskildbiter/index.html
Archery, Arms, Armour, Chests, Tents, Trebuchets,
Vikings, Woodwork.
http://www.geocities.com/svenskildbiter/index.html
Arrow Fletching, Turbow Longbows & Yoretymes Emporium of History
http://svenskildbiter.webjump.com/index2.html