TENT - vs - furniture

Carey Mc carey at shield.com
Tue Feb 1 09:28:44 PST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cherie Nolan" <marguerite at ih2000.net>
To: <tentguild at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2000 10:22 AM
Subject: Re: TENT - Re:list members vote!

> bjorn wrote:
> >
> >  Greetings,
> >
> > Either way is fine with me.I understand your point about keeping the
tent
> > list for just tent making.Oerhaps the easiest solution would be for
someone
> > to start a list for camp furniture.
> >
> > Isn't this sort of what The Encamptment List was about ?
> >
> > Bjorn

open. But as for as a guild period encampments is part of it. Marguerite
> > --
> > Spinning Winds Pavilions and Tents: www.spinningwinds.com
> >                  The future web site: www.spinningwinds.net
> > Kingdom of Ansteorra's Tent Guild: tentguild at ansteorra.org
> > Kingdom Secretary Lady Marguerite: marguerite at ih2000.net
snip....redundent's.....

        Greetings to all here,    I am Connor mac Clure of Bryn Gwlad. I
have just joined your group and at a very interesting time, as the ?
concerning furniture comes up.
            I am renting, from my landlord, a 20 x 20 foot work shead and
have over the last 4 yrs purchased wood tools (table saw, drill press, new
unused thickness plainer and assorted hand power tools).
            It is my intent for as long as I can afored it to start a sca
furniture / self help shop. with a simple 3 letter combo box on the door so
that even if I am not around one can uses the shop just about any time..
keep in mine this is my frist atemp at such a task.
            Designs and pictures would be a great inperation for future
projects. Also a name for the shop, " rusty oak ", " pine shop " maybe that
will come with time.....

            Update as to the shop, benches go up wednesday and thursday nigh
if I can find the time as our local event is this weekend " Candlemas" and
by next wednesday the machines will be in place. I will also be putting a
computer in so drafting simple ideas and take place....

                                If you are in the austin area and would like
to help or uses the shop ... email is checked 1-3 day increments or better
call me at 512-918-0977.

            First project will probable be folding chairs and tables, some
thing all ways needed at an event.

Connor mac Clure, Constable to the Barony of Bryn Gwlad