PE - Re: TENT - Answers to posted questions

Samuel Walters agincrt at brightok.net
Thu Feb 3 20:05:40 PST 2000

Greetings M'lord,

I have read your page and since you addressed two of my questions I would
like to thank you for your informative responses.  Alas, I must express my
regret that I didn't ask the questions before building the tent.   At this
writing I have completed the roof or canopy section of my tent so basically
its in my estimation 75 percent complete.  Reading your responses I realized
that I had noticed a distinct odor coming from my tent material (presumably
from the waterproofing)  now I am beginning to realize that something that
smells so foul may not be such a good thing while camping not to mention
flammable.  I'm about to go do a fire test on it (keep your fingers crossed
that I don't burn my fingers ha!)

Anyway, I appreciate your responses and I would encourage the others on this
list to read them...especially if, like me, you are a newcomer to tent
making.

I love this list.

Yours in our Society,

Rhys Goch