TENT - Another newbie with questions...

Amicia Daelyngridge medievalmuse at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 14 07:49:50 PST 2000

Greetings all. This is a great list!

Although I have been a closet medievalist for the past few years and making
my own garb for the last year or so it was just recently I saw the beautiful
tents that people had made and I fell in love with them. Particularly a
double bell wedge tent. I've researched many articles, posts and pics on the
web but I am having problems figuring the pattern dimentions for the
triangular bell pieces. My geometry isn't what it ought to be (I keep
kicking myself and saying "oh, so this is when I would ever use geometry in
life") and I wish I had paid closer attention in school. ;)

The dimensions I wanted to go for were 10'wide x 8' deep x 8' high for the
center panel section (300 sq ft.).

Then (2) bells 8' high with a 4' radius (50 sq ft. each)

This is the info that I got from the excellent site Medeival Pavilion
Resources but I just can't seem to work out the bell dimensions. Has anyone
ever made on of these tents? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Amicia