TENT - Need help hanging my walls

Samuel Walters agincrt at brightok.net
Wed Jan 26 11:17:59 PST 2000

Greetings all Gentles on this list!

I am in the process of building my first pavillion (yay!) Basically an
approximately 14 ft diameter round (read 10 sided) single pole tent.  I
would appreciate some advice on how to hang my walls preferably without
having to use a hoop or frame and hopefully without a rope either.  My
current idea is to simply sew in a sturdy strip of fabric with button or
toggle holes on the inside of the roof behind the dags and corrisponding
toggles or buttons on the walls.  I'm hoping that this is a feasable idea
and my dear Mumsy (read mother) with gazzillions of years of sewing behind
her  (uh don't tell her i said that)  seems to think it is a workable
design.

Please let me know if you have any alternate suggestions or support for this
design (I'd really like to hear from people experienced in making period
tents although I trust Mumsy, I don't wanna look the fool when I go to set
up my new tent..ha ha)

Thankyou all in advance for your generous and helpful responses.

Yours in our Society,

Rhys Goch ap Maelgwn
MKA Sam Walters