TENT - Current Projects

Tanya Guptill tguptill at teleport.com
Wed Jan 26 15:20:17 PST 2000

Corun,

Since you asked....

Am finishing up a tent I started a couple years ago, so I can have it on hand
for Estrella.  It is a dark blue canvas round pavilion, circa 1330 France,
about 10' across with centerpole and hoop,  and a roof vent that includes a
fiberglass insert for a 3" stove pipe. I designed the tent to be very tough in
bad weather, and very period in appearance (okay, okay, I cheated on the roof
vent, but it's amazing how much it helps...), and for just one person.  I am
working on the painted 'architectural'  arches on the walls  (doing a gold
leaf-looking paint), and hoping to have it finished by the War.  Like every
other tent-maker I know,  I am not satisfied with it--especially the sewing.
Hopfully I have improved my sewing skills considerably since two years ago, when
I sewed it...  :)

How's the basement coming on the Super Yurt?
Did I send you cool URL I found, for the Ultimate Super Yurt? at
http://www.state.gov/www/publications/statemag/statemag_nov-dec/statemag_sep-oct/pomb9.htm

Remember, you have a reputation to uphold...heh heh heh....

Mira