TENT - Re: [MedievalEncampments] Intro

Tanya Guptill tguptill at teleport.com
Mon Jan 31 21:56:46 PST 2000

>  Halima de la Lucha wrote:

>   I'd like info on a period-style pavilion, or at least a modern
>    tent that blends in better than a synthetic dome.  It's very
>    important to me that it be fast and easy to put up.  I'm the
>   only person staying in it, and I don't want to have to ask for
>   help from my friends every time I go to an event.  <SNIP> Godric ap Rhys
> mentioned a "period pup tent" from Panther that  sounded promising.  Any
> other suggestions?

My Lady,

Godric's tent is great--it is a conical tent--very period, not seen very
often.  They are easy to set up, because you can just stake down the floor (it
helps if you have a floor or template so that you stake it out perfectly round)
and then you pop the center pole in.  VOILA--instant tent! :)

Mira