TENT - Japanese Tents/Camps

Tanya Guptill tguptill at teleport.com
Mon Jan 31 14:25:52 PST 2000

Liana wrote:  wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone had any information about Japanese tents or
> encampments?

I'd been looking for that info, too, until I tripped across Baron Effingham's
Compleat Anachronist #65, called "A Japanese Miscellany".  It has great camp
stuff in it, including info on the tents and camp furniture.  His Excellency was
kind enough to give me permission to web some of it (thought it remains
incomplete, to my shame), and it can be viewed at
http://www.teleport.com/~tguptill/japanesetents.htm  .  I don't have the
pictures scanned in yet, and would highly recommend getting a copy of the CA for
yourself.  It was very informative.

Mira