PE - field of cloth of gold!

John LaTorre jlatorre at midtown.net
Sun Jun 18 16:45:48 PDT 2000

Cherie Nolan wrote:

> Well according to the kingdom electronic chronicler and to a couple of other people. it is safe to post them to the list due to the fact that the owner of the drawing is
> dead and that there can really no longer be a copy right.

There's a difference between the drawing itself and the
image of the drawing. The image (photograph or whatever) may
still indeed be under copyright, as I understand copyright
law, even if the drawing is public domain. All those books
we get the images from have to pay the owners of those
images (or at least obtain the owner's  permission) to
publish that image in their own works.

If your chronicler knows something different, I'd sure like
to see quotations of the appropriate law.

--

John LaTorre (Johann von Drachenfels)

"Always do right. It will gratify some people & astonish the
rest."
--Mark Twain