[Re: PE - Re: period encampment at three kings]

Wendy Freeman/Otte wyllow at netscape.net
Wed Nov 1 14:51:20 PST 2000

I, after too many mornings of rising early to make a period breakfast no one
wanted, spending an hour each morning to prepare a "walk-by-and-grab" period
lunch that the flies consumed, and struggling over a hot fire during the most
humid hour of the day for a period dinner that was ignored in preference to
"Sir George's all-you-can-eat Sloppy Joes feed-a-thon" next door, (bad Lilies
memories) will gladly accept free food I don't have to cook.

I have to admit, chili is not my favorite meal (bean gas in a tent?), but it
does serve a mass crowd, and someone is going to great effort to feed us.  So
I will gratefully accept a bowl, and hope eating decorative plants from the
yet-undiscovered New World won't kill me. <grin>

As a suggestion for future period encampments in Ansteorra, we could start a
tradition of Period Encampment Stone Soup.  One person would have to plan to
provide the pot and coordinate the type of "fire".  Everyone would bring
something authentic to toss in (turnip, carrots, barley, fresh herbs, etc), or
a side dish.  Those who wish to participate, but not comfortable with the food
research could volunteer as fire-tenders or pot-washers.

--Lady Wyllow of the Loch

Cherie Nolan <marguerite at ih2000.net> wrote:
> I am not the food person. They asked me to get an encampment together and
they would supply the food hate chili. YUCK! Any Way remember it is a small
step to having
> encampments. We don't want to be stuffy about it. There has only been two
other ones that I know of for some time. So baby steps and make it fun.
Marguerite