[Re: [Re: PE - Re: period encampment at three kings]]

Wendy Freeman/Otte wyllow at netscape.net
Thu Nov 2 12:09:36 PST 2000

I've dug through your Miscellany many times, tried only a portion of the
recipes (you keep on adding to it!), and put it at the top of my reading
recommendations for all gentles except the hard-core cooking researchers (the
ones who learn arabic to read the original recipe on their own).

The "Stone soup" concept is just one that everyone can participate in, without
one person taking the entire load.  (And, for my persona, it is the standard
method of cooking a big meal for a roadside gathering.  I make bannocks for
breakfast.)

My hope is that it would be a starting point to encourage gentles to try more
period recipes - they have to find something "period" to throw in, thus
beginning their research.  And those already cooking medieval recipes will
have an willing/captive set of tasters for new recipe dedactions that they can
bring as side dishes.

--Lady Wyllow MacMuireadhaigh