[Re: PE - pot heaters]

Wendy Freeman/Otte wyllow at netscape.net
Thu Nov 23 17:18:09 PST 2000

WARNING:
In coastal areas, many stones (sandstone, limestone, and shale) are
water-bearing.  The water in them will rapidly expand, causing them to
violently explode, if heated.  Most of Texas is covered with this type of
stone.
I have used this idea in other regions - stolen stones or bricks from the fire
ring, wrapped them in a towel, and snuggled up to them through the night - it
works well.  But it is not safe for a good part of Ansteorra.

A nightcap (or hood) is essential on a cold night, as are wool blankets over
and UNDER the bed.  (I use an entire sheepskin rug under my bed - and feel
warmly decadent.)

--Lady Wyllow MacMuireadhaigh