PE - camping in snake country

Corun MacAnndra corun at clark.net
Sun Oct 1 12:08:11 PDT 2000

Gwen wrote:

>Ok, ladies & lords...   Another question!  <G>  I don't live in rainy
>country, but in snake country.  What precautions do you take do keep the
>snakes out of your bedding, etc.?  [#1... have a bed which is off the
>ground, right? <G>]

I have heard that when sleeping on the ground in desert on would lay a
hempen rope (i.e. a very hairy type of rope like sisal) on the ground a
good distance around the sleeping bag. Snakes, who feel with their tongues,
would encounter the harsh and hairy surface of the rope and not crawl over
it, but instead go around.

In service,
Corun