[Re: PE - new to list]

Wendy Freeman/Otte wyllow at netscape.net
Mon Oct 2 06:56:11 PDT 2000

The Angles had a one-person-to-raise tent - it was a large oval wedge with a
slit door in the center of the long side.  You peg all of the sides down
first, then take the two poles into the tent, and raise the roof, one pole at
a time.  No ropes - all based on tension.  Very few seams, so good for a rainy
climate.

One problem - I think its timeperiod of use was 700-900AD, maybe earlier.

--Lady Wyllow of the Loch