[Re: PE - Bedding types]

Wendy Freeman/Otte wyllow at netscape.net
Mon Oct 2 06:33:22 PDT 2000

I made a straw tick tick - took some heavy cotton twill fabric, made a
human-sized pillowcase, filled it with straw/hay (I'm not a farmgal, don't
know the difference...) and a little sweet woodruff/lavendar (to discourage
the bugs), put buttonholes at the open end, and laced it shut.
It is solid, but can be "punched" into any shape (to make it easy on new
bruises from the day).  I used it in a rope bed, and on the ground.

It's not waterproof, but will stay warm when wet.  The cover is washable and
hay is cheap to replace.

And so comfortable...

-Lady Wyllow

"'bella" <bella3 at 1st.net> wrote:
> I have a camp bed...but it was made by Granpa Flynx of Couer Taranis
> [thunder clan]... it is three rales, two end peices and two pieces of
plyuwood.. pulls
> arpart to sit flat in the back of my van.  I am using it now upstairs as my
bed
> mundanely..<G>  it fits in my 10x14 mundane tent nicely...
> Annie / 'bella
>
> firehorse wrote:
>
> > This weekend I was reminded of a lesson I learned, and forgot, long ago.
If the
> > weather is chilly, sleeping on an air mattress is silly.  These suckers
get COLD.
> > So, if you don't have an off the floor bed, what do you use to sleep on?
It should