[PE - new to list]

Wendy Freeman/Otte wyllow at netscape.net
Mon Oct 2 11:24:06 PDT 2000

Visit thrift stores.  Buy a big wooden bowl, a simple metal pitcher, hanging
baskets, wool blankets/rugs/tablecloths (that *don't* have blatently
non-period designs on them), a hanging lantern, and little tables or stools
that will travel well.
Spend real money on a few good stick-in-the-ground lantern stands, and a
water-proof chest (rubbermaid?) to carry all the small items.

In your encampment, set out a rug (or blanket you are willing to walk on),
your camping "furniture", and your lantern stands (a safe distance from the
tent - 1.5 x the length of the stand) with lanterns or hanging baskets.  Throw
blankets or tablecloths over any ice chests or rubbermaids (instant tables!)
or non-period furniture, including chairs.  Put out a wooden bowl of fruit, a
pitcher of water, and amaze your neighbors with all your hard work. <grin>

This works just as well with a mundane tent in the background as when you
build your pavilion.

You will re-use the blankets and rugs as floor coverings and curtains (and
blankets!) in your pavilion.  The rest will retain their use, although you
might slowly replace some of them with items closer to your specific persona,
as it develops.

--Lady Wyllow