PE - issues with a rope bed ... was Bedding types

Barclay, Peter C. MAJ barclayp at eucom.mil
Tue Oct 3 09:48:55 PDT 2000

Marguerite,

	I am not sure what you mean by "bowed really badly"... I make mine
bow about 3 or 4 inches.

Since I use 2x6s for the rails, I am not afraid they will ever break.  After
2 weeks at Pennsic, they started to get a "permanent bow", so the next
several I set it up, I simply turned them over and tightened them "straight"
(since they were now naturally bowed out.  Again, the wood wants to return
to the original position and it keeps the ropes tight.

I am not sure what you mean by "bracing the sides".  I don't use anything to
brace the sides, I simply have side rails.  I assemble the bed, lace it, and
then tighten it.  Perhaps the picture on my web page explains it better.

respectfully,

                     Terafan

Master Rhys Terafan Greydragon           barclayp at eucom.mil
University Chancellor, brewer and probably other things I can't remember...
Seneschal, Incipient Shire of Blauwasser