PE - Spoked wheel design .... was Ropes or not to rope!

Rhys Moore rhys at redshift.com
Wed Oct 4 22:09:01 PDT 2000

>Since it is very possible that there was internal structure on some round
pavilions, it looks feasible to me that spokes could've been used in
conjunction with some sort of hoop, but until I see illustrations of
octagonal/hexagonal/etc.. tents, I am unable to see an exact match between
the pavilino design, and historical tents.<
Just to delurk for a moment, I have heard that the Company of St. George (of
"The Medieval Soldier" fame) uses pavilinos for their recreation
encampments. Their period of interests is mid to late 15th century. I wonder
if they might have some information that is not as generally available,
since there are many academics and museum staff within the group.
All the best,
Rhys Gethin
Darkwood, The West