PE - Mira and Stephen Two great people

Mira (Tanya Guptill) tguptill at teleport.com
Thu Oct 5 08:05:12 PDT 2000

Cariadoc wrote:

> >Oh yes--It is called FELT TENTS AND PAVILIONS.
> I can't find it at Amazon; where do you get it?

Dr. Andrews had been working toward its publication for three years, and the
only American distributor is The Rug Book Shop.   Drop an email to Paul Kreiss
at pkreiss at toadmail.toad.net or write to

The Rug Book Shop, 2603 Talbot Rd., Baltimore MD 21216

ISBN on volume 1 is1-901764-03-6
ISBN on volume 2 is 1-901764-04-4

Also, there is a British distributor, Joppa Books
http://www.bibliofind.com/cgi-bin/texis.exe/s/search/dealer.html?id=38eb68b75&dealerid=&custid=3977730a35

which shows it available for GBP90.00.  This URL shows a small description of
the book.  Dr. Andrews had this to say about the new publication, before it came
out:

, "Felt Tents and Pavilions is another book. I finished it last year, after
twenty-seven years effort, on and off, so it is rather bigger than the one you
have. It is again in
two volumes, the text being 1442 pages, with 20 maps, drawings by my wife, and
lots of photos, sixteen of them coloured. It concerns the history of tents in
Central
Asia, including Mongolia, Iran, and Northern India. It therefore draws primarily
on historical texts (Mongolian, Persian, Arabic, Turkish) plus the accounts of
early
European travellers, backed up by visual material whenever it was available,
especially Persian and Moghul book paintings. It therefore overlaps hardly at
all with the
book yiou have. Half of the text is, I understand, printed, and if I manage to
soldier through all those page proofs in a couple of months, it should be out by
autumn.
I'll send you a flier when it emerges." My note: anticipated price of this book
will be about ninety pounds sterling (multiply by 1.66 or so for American
dollars).

Mira
--
http://www.teleport.com/~tguptill/tent.html