PE - Structure tents

Todric todric at raex.com
Sat Oct 7 07:14:12 PDT 2000

At 12:25 PM 10/06/2000 -0400, Corun wrote:

        <snip>

        Well, it's obvious from Corun's response that I didn't explain
clearly what I meant. How about this? Next time of our mutual convenience,
I'll bring a dozen or so volunteers to simulate the conditions I'm
describing (wind pressures from gusts exceeding 80 MPH) and you can stand in
your ger and watch the poles up near the ring (I'll be outside, taking notes).
        The volunteers will push your ger from opposite sides, and you can
see the results for yourself. :-)
        If you'll bring a dozen or so bathroom scales for them to push
against, we could probably even get a close estimate of the required
pressure in pounds per square foot.

        Todric, happy that Gers are such a good teaching tool for basic physics.