[Re: PE - Re: Angles large oval wedge?]

Wendy Freeman/Otte wyllow at netscape.net
Tue Oct 17 10:56:06 PDT 2000

Sven, you caught me - I have no reference.  The gentle (I think it was Toli, I
know it was someone from MagMor, Calontir) who built the large oval tent had a
reputation as an excellent researcher, and I took him at his word.  My web
search, triggered by your challenge (and rightly so) has produced no obvious
results.  So, can anyone help me find the reference I am sure exists?

Here is what I remember from my conversation with him, 4 years ago - it is an
Anglo, Saxon, or both tent from ?before 1000AD?.  It uses no ropes, depending
on the cloth of the tent to hold it up - the roof & sides are one cloth.  Its
shape is more like a huge pup tent, with bells closing either end, and a slit
cut into the middle of one side for the door.  It resembles the *roof* of the
french two-bell, reaching to the ground, although the pitch of the roof is a
lot steeper.

Mira, did you have a reference/picture for the Bell wedge?  The timeperiod
doesn't match, but the description does.

--Wyllow MacMuireadhaigh