PE - bedouin tents

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Apr 16 09:34:15 PDT 2001

>I have a question on Bedouin. Is there many versions on  a Bedouin
>tent. This is not an area I have studied. I have had six people in
>the last week give me a different version of a Bedouin tent each
>time. I would like it if someone could tell me what the documentaual
>version is. I have some one sending me pictures of the actual one
>from today's version. But would really like reading up on it.
>Marguerite
>Spinning Winds Pavilions and Tents
>Cherie L. Nolan; AKA, Lady Marguerite des Fleur
>222 N. Main
>Lumberton, Tx. 77657
>office-409-751-0015
>cell-409-673-8456
>home 409-899-1488
>Fax 409-751-0019
><http://www.spinningwinds.com>www.spinningwinds.com
>Coastal Regional Chirurgeon
>Kingdom Deputy Seneschal at large- Membership Drive
>
>Attachment converted: Macintosh HD:Cherie L. Nolan.vcf 2 (TEXT/ttxt)
>(00040055)

There is a very good book on nomad tents:

Tents: Architecture of the Nomads

The author has a Scandinavian name, but I don't remember it.

It's mostly about modern nomad tents, but has a lot of detail.

There is also a huge recent book: Felt Tents and Pavilions

It is more oriented to the history, but may be hard to find.
--
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/