PE - i hear sherwin-williams has sealer for canvas..?

John LaTorre jlatorre at midtown.net
Thu Mar 8 11:59:35 PST 2001

mcclure carey wrote:

> ok, the H&C Concrete and masonry waterproofing sealer
> product no. "111.13" is on the tent and drying very
> fast, the test will be this sunday as we are expecting
> rain then.

Good luck!

The trouble with most of the masonry/concrete sealers is
that they weren't designed for flexibility (since concrete
and masonry don't flex). Since there are products
specifically designed for fabrics out there, using a sealer
not designed for them doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

But I'd be interested to hear how your experiment works out,
both next Sunday and a few years down the road, after it's
been on the canvas for a while.

--

John LaTorre (Johann von Drachenfels)

"Always do right. It will gratify some people & astonish the
rest."
--Mark Twain